We started brainstorming and planning out our "40 Acts of Kindness" last year, as a way to celebrate our 40th anniversary, and say "thank you" to all of our wonderful clients for all the support they have given us over the years. We came up with all sorts of good ideas, and one really great one, that we decided to run with. A weekly drawing, with a twist.
Drum roll please.....
Starting Monday, March 16th we will begin 40 Weeks of Paying It Forward. *Check out Sara's announcement video HERE (also on our Facebook page & YouTube channel, if you prefer).
Who: We narrowed down a list of our top 'VIP' Motor Works clients to 200* names. Then, your Client Care Coordinator Sara hand wrote each name on a slip of paper, put them all in a Motor Works Grocery bag, & "shook it like a Polaroid picture".
What: One name will be selected each week to have a charitable donation made, to the organization of their choice, in their name. *We'll "go live" on Facebook to make the announcement - so make sure you "like" and "follow" us!
When: Starts Monday 3/16, and will finish our final week of 2020 (December 21st will be the final drawing).
Where: The charity of each winners choice.
Why: We know we couldn't do what we do without you, and so we want to say Thank You, in a big way.
* 'VIP' clients selected based on a vast number of criteria, because lets be real - you're all amazing people and we love you all, but Sara's hands can only take so much.
**** November 2020 Update ****
For those who are curious about which organizations are being selected by the weekly drawing winners, we've added a list, made in no specific order - to protect our clients' privacy, to the bottom of this post. We'll try to keep it updated as the donations get made & we look forward to adding many more as the weeks go by.
- Nourish Now https://nourishnow.org/
- Manna Food Bank https://www.mannafood.org/
- Samaritan's Purse https://www.samaritanspurse.org/
- Doctors Without Borders https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
- Arlington Food Assistance Center https://afac.org/
- Second Chance Wildlife Center https://www.scwc.org/
- Food Gatherers https://www.foodgatherers.org/
- Gingersnap Girls http://www.gingersnapgirls.org/
- Christ Child Society christchilddc .org
- Interfaith Works https://www.iworksmc.org/
- MAMAS Animal Society https://www.mamasanimalshelter.com/
- Reading Partners https://readingpartners.org/
- S.O.M.E. (So Others May Eat) https://www.some.org/
- World Central Kitchen https://wck.org/
- Alzheimer's Association ALZ.Org
- Gaithersburg H.E.L.P. https://www.gaithersburghelp.org/
- Children's Inn at NIH https://childrensinn.org/
- Montgomery County Humane Society https://www.mchumane.org/
- Salvation Army https://satruck.org/
- Maryland Food Bank https://mdfoodbank.org/