Plan Details – Nationwide Road Hazard Protection Plan
These terms and conditions are effective for Road Hazard Protection Plans purchased on or after July 13, 2016
The benefits of this Protection are available only for the tires:
- purchased by you, the Customer, from Motor Works and
- that are listed clearly on the original purchase invoice (“Original Invoice”) for the tires
This Protection is limited to the repair or replacement of Eligible Tires damaged by a road hazard as described below.
This Protection covers Eligible Tires for a term of 24 months from the date on your Original Invoice for the tires, or until any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2mm or less, whichever occurs first (“Benefit Period”). When an Eligible Tire is replaced, the Protection Benefits for that Eligible Tire end.
Road hazard damage occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard during the Benefit Period, this Protection provides reimbursement as defined below for
- flat tire repair up to $30.00 per tire per occurrence, and/or
- pro-rated tire replacement up to the tire purchase price on your Original Invoice or the replacement tire price.
Reimbursement is Pro-rated as follows:
|Time from Original Purchase||Pro-rated Reimbursement Amount|
|0-6 Months||100% of Replacement Cost|
|7-12 Months||75% of Replacement Cost|
|13-18 Months||50% of Replacement Cost|
|19-24 Months||25% of Replacement Cost|
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard during the Benefit Period and can be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, the tire may be repaired at any tire service facility. Reimbursement is strictly limited to the cost to repair your tire. If the repair is performed at a facility other than Motor Works, Inc., you may be responsible for any additional charges including but not limited to mounting, balancing, taxes, and miscellaneous fees. The Protection will remain in effect for the repaired tire for the remainder of the Benefit Period.
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard during the Benefit Period and cannot be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, it should be replaced with an exact make/model of tire if available. If not available, a comparable quality tire should be installed. Reimbursement is strictly limited to the cost to replace your tire. If the repair is performed at a facility other than Motor Works, Inc., you may be responsible for any additional charges including but not limited to mounting, balancing, taxes, and miscellaneous fees.
- Properly care for and maintain your tires, including regularly scheduled tire rotation and ensuring tires are operated at proper inflation pressures.
- Use all reasonable means to protect your tires from additional damage.
- Furnish such information as may be required.
- Payment of all expenses and costs incurred when repairing or replacing an Eligible Tire and submission of claim for reimbursement (if repair/replacement is performed at a facility other than Motor Works, Inc.)
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO MAKE A CLAIM WHEN AN ELIGIBLE TIRE IS DAMAGED:
If you are in the Washington Metropolitan Area (within 50 miles of Motor Works, Inc.):
If you have a tire that has been damaged due to a road hazard as defined above, contact Motor Works, Inc. at 301-284-3919 to schedule an appointment for repair or replacement.
If you are outside the Washington Metropolitan Area (beyond 50 miles from Motor Works, Inc.):
- Go to a tire service facility to have your tire examined. If you are unable to locate a tire service facility, contact Motor Works, Inc. at 301-284-3919 for assistance.
- If the tire service facility determines that your tire is repairable, the tire service facility does not need to contact Motor Works, Inc. for approval to repair the tire. If you choose, you pay for the tire repair and submit the required claim information to Motor Works, Inc. to receive reimbursement. Alternatively, you can have the service facility contact Motor Works, Inc. to arrange direct payment for the amount of the covered benefit (not including additional charges such as mounting, balancing, taxes and miscellaneous fees).
- If the tire service facility determines that the tire is not repairable, the tire service facility must contact Motor Works, Inc. for prior authorization before replacing the tire. Motor Works, Inc. will review the damage to your tire with the tire service facility, pre-authorize your tire replacement, and arrange payment for the eligible benefit amount.
- You must submit a copy of your signed repair or replacement invoice to the Motor Works, Inc. Documents may be sent by fax to 301-309-1808, by email to [email protected], or by postal mail to Motor Works, Inc., 687 Lofstrand Lane, Ste V, Rockville, MD 20850.
- The replacement invoice must include: (i) the name and address of the tire servicing facility from which you purchased the replacement tire, (ii) your full name and address, (iii) your vehicle year, make and model, and (iv) the brand, type, size, and purchase price of the replacement tire.
- The damaged tire must be made available for inspection if requested.
- All claim documentation, including the tire(s) if requested, must be submitted within 60 days of service or claim payments may be reversed or reimbursement payments may be denied.
THIS PROTECTION WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE FOR:
- Failures to tires occurring when any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2mm or less.
- Replacements made without the Motor Works, Inc.’s prior authorization
- Repairs or replacements made by anyone other than a licensed tire service provider, its agents, contractors or licensees.
- Any invoice presented for payment of services not performed as described at the time of authorization.
- Damage incurred outside the United States.
- Repair or replacement of tires that are not
- purchased by you, the Customer, from Motor Works, Inc., and
- listed clearly on the Original Invoice
- Repair or replacement of a tire due to manufacturer recall, defect or warranty (other than a road hazard warranty) for which the manufacturer will repair or replace the tire at its expense or at a reduced cost.
- Cosmetic damage to any tire. Cosmetic damage is described as damage that does not affect the structural integrity of the tire.
- Any loss, damage or expense caused by accidents, collision, theft, larceny, snow chains, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, fire, windstorms, hurricanes, water, floods, malicious mischief, vandalism, civil commotion, riots, war, or similar occurrence.
- Any damage due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper application, improper towing, improper balancing or alignment, improper inflation, brake lock up, wheel spinning, torque snags, or similar action.
- Any loss, damage or expense as a result of off-road use (off-road use is described as driving on anything that is not a paved or gravel road maintained by the state or local authority).
- Damage caused by mechanical failures (e.g., failed shocks, struts, alignment, balancing, or similar failure) or interference with vehicle components (e.g., fenders, exhaust, springs, or similar component).
- Damage to tires either in the sidewall or tread area due to dry rot, peeling, or cracking.
- Repair or replacement of tires that have been repaired in a manner other than per tire manufacturer guidelines and industry approved methods.
- Repair or replacement of tires that have been re-treaded, re-capped, re-grooved, remolded, or tubed.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) on vehicles used for competitive driving or racing, track driving, police or emergency service, snow removal, carriage of passengers for hire, commercial towing, construction, or postal service.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles used for farm, ranch, or agriculture, and vehicles that are registered to or licensed under a farm or ranch.
- Repair or replacement of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) and/or devices and components associated with TPMS.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS OR DAMAGE, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SECONDARY DAMAGES.
- Any other costs or expenses that you incur as a result of the need to repair or replace your tire.
- Any costs or expenses arising because the vehicle is not available for use.
- Liability for damage to property, injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of the vehicle whether or not related to tire damage.
- Traffic fines, citations or penalties.
- Charges for roadside assistance, including towing or spare tire installation.
Motor Works, Inc. may choose to discontinue this plan for all clients at a later date. In that case, the original purchase price of the plan will be refunded to the client.